Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thrift Store Haul!

My mom and I decided to have a night on the town last week so we went out to eat at a local restaurant and went to Arc's Value Village! They have four locations in MN. What I love about Arc is that every week they have one color of tag on sale. They have about 4-5 colors and last week everything with a yellow tag was 50% off. They have a lot of stuff to go through and quite a range of sizes so there's something there for everybody. They don't just sell clothes, they sell furniture, books, handbags, shoes, jewelry, random nicknacks... We were there for about two hours and we had barely even scratched the surface of what they had there. It was so much fun!

My plan for about half of this stuff is to alter it into other things or other pieces of clothing or just make them my size. The other half is just things that I think I needed as staples for my wardrobe that I was severely lacking.

Alteration Piece #1: Giant Circle Colorful Thing
This one was a great find. I love the colors and the design, and the folds intrigue me. It's basically a rounded rectangle of fabric with two side seams to keep it together. The neck is a simple drawstring, so I can really do anything I like with it.

Alteration Piece #2: Zebra Print Vest
This one was also a good find, I like the print and the fabric isn't too rough for me. (I don't like scratchy fabric, AT ALL.) My plan for this one is to shorten it and tailor it in to fit me. It's going to be much more of a fashion vest when I'm done with it.

Alteration Piece #3: Embroidered Vest

This one caught my eye right away because of the beautiful colorful stitching on the front. The embroidery is simply incredible and I could instantly see the front as a clutch. (Or two, there's enough of it.) The back of the vest is made of a simple striped fabric that I could use for the lining. I'm super excited about this one, I just know it's going to be awesome!

Extra Piece #1: Sleeveless Sweater Vest
I liked the front of this, with the fabric pulled back into fabric closures. It is grey, which is a color I try to avoid because so much of my wardrobe is grey and black already, but I really liked it, and everything else I bought was colorful, so I let myself get this one. I think it's a non-staple but a very good piece for layering and switching from casual to fancy or semi-casual. I couldn't get a good picture of it because it's hard to see it on a hanger.

Extra Piece #2: Flowered Sundress

I really liked this one, the flowers are bright enough to pull themselves out of the black. This one fits me really well and it's very comfortable. Made of cotton.


Staple Pieces #1 & #2: Long sleeved Tee's
Just two basic tees, a teal blue and magenta. Simple, but great staples for a wardrobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment