Thursday, July 18, 2013

CONvergence & Costuming

I went to a local science fiction convention (CONvergence) and it was awesome! There were loads of amazing costumes, lots of people, and a great time to be had. I recommend you to check it out, it's an incredible experience! 

I decided to dress up like Babydoll from the movie Sucker Punch. I made my costume myself, which took almost 20 hours all together. I didn't take pictures during the process because it was about two days before Con and I needed to hurry. However, I took a few while I was wearing it that night. (I apologize for the mirror selfies, but I wanted to share these with you.)

Full costume (minus the extremely uncomfortable shoes)

Close up

What do you think? I altered a pattern for the top and used a basic tutorial for the skirt. I based it on this video's instructions but changed a few things to make it more simple. If you have any questions, let me know in the comments. I'm thinking of making another pleated skirt, so I might do a tutorial on that. 

Oh, and one last thing... If you're a geek like me, OWN IT!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment